Entry Requirements for Sweden
If you need a visa you must have:
- A passport valid for a minimum period of three months after your visa has expired and which has been issued in the last 10-year period
- An invitation from the company or the organisation arranging the conference
- Money for your stay and for the journey home. Sweden requires that you have SEK 450 for each day spent in Sweden. In certain circumstances, this amount may be lower, for example in the case of a young child, if the cost of food and accommodation is paid in advance or if you are going to stay with relatives or friends. You must be able to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds for your stay with the help, for example, of bank statements or a document in which the person inviting you to Sweden promises to meet all expenses during the visit.
- Individual medical travel insurance which covers the costs which could arise as a result of emergency medical assistance, emergency hospitalisation or medical repatriation. The insurance should cover costs of at least € 30,000 and be valid in all the Schengen countries.
- Other special rules might apply.
UITP reminds you that it is the sole responsibility of the participant to take care of visa requirements. Participants who need an entry visa must allow sufficient time for the visa application procedure (at least four weeks before the Summit). Participant registration details might be shared with the immigration authorities to assist in the immigration process. However, UITP will not directly contact embassies and consulates on behalf of visa applicants.
To receive an invitation letter for the UITP Global Public Transport Summit, participants must first register and pay the registration fee in full. They can then contact UITP Registration Team (email@example.com) in case they need to have more information about the visa invitation letter.
All expenses incurred in relation to the Summit, and the visa are the sole responsibility of the participant.
Should the delegate not be granted entry to Sweden, the registration fee will be reimbursed (minus a € 150 handling fee) if and only if they provide UITP Registration Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) with an official document from the Swedish Embassy or Consulate rejecting the visa and that the application was made at least four weeks before the Summit.