Chris is a Principal Designer at Meld Studios, based in Sydney, Australia. Chris has over 20 years of experience in helping global organisations to understand their customers, and deliver simple, human, and engaging experiences, products and services.
At Meld Studios Chris is responsible for leading large scale service design and customer research initiatives across a diverse range of sectors, including government, transport, education, finance, property, and the cultural sector.
Chris has recently led a programme of human centred design in large-scale public transport development. This has been transformative in helping government better understand the needs and behaviours of customers. He was also the lead on our work with the State Library of Victoria which won the Good Design Award® for service design.
- June 11: People first! Improving the urban experience with public transport
From buttons to networks - scaling human-centred design in public transport planningMeld Studios has worked across transportation agencies in Australia, using human-centred design to deliver transport experiences at all scales - from a button, a carriage, a station, a precinct, to an entire network.
Recently we took on the challenge of creating an integrated transport plan for one of Sydney’s primary growth corridors. Using the new Sydney Metro rail line as a catalyst for change, how might we use a human-centred approach to deliver seamless multimodal transport?
We will share honest learnings around:
- Embedding human-centred design practices into engineering led transport organisations;
- Practical methods of testing transport prototypes with customers;
- Using behavioural archetypes to scale from individual needs to the entire population;
- Creating a model for the application of human-centred design in future transport planning.
To be presented with Zoe Green