Joseph Lutgen is currently head of research and development at eTicket Service GmbH in Germany, the provider of the ticketing scheme in Germany. He was responsible for the conception and implementation of the security infrastructure for eTicket Deutschland and has been working in IT security, smartcards, mobile security and their application in payment and the digitalisation of public transport for nearly 18 years.
Dr. Lutgen has degrees in mathematics, physics and engineering from the Universities of California at Berkeley, and Colorado at Boulder and has a Ph.D. in mathematics from the University of Regensburg.
- June 10: Easier said than done: doing right by the customer
Fast and secure smartphone ticket inspectionThe poster will describe
1) the current and perspective situation regarding use of smartphones for ticketing
2) the resulting problems faced by transport operators wanting to use smartphones more significantly
3) the building blocks of our technical proposal
4) comparison to other technologies and solutions
5) exploitation of the results in the field